Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Plain Common Sense


Does God exist? Yes, he does. The book of Genesis explains to us very clearly that there is a God, and that he created the universe in six days. The skeptic will disagree. The skeptic will say that I have no proof for this claim. I do have proof. As a matter of fact, I will show that all I really need is just a little bit of common sense.
What is my proof? How can I use common sense to prove that God really does exists? Well, let me explain. Let's say you come over to my house, and you see a painting on my wall that you really like. You then ask me, "Who painted it?". I say to you, "Nobody. I just got home one day, and that painting was just sitting there." Would you believe that? Of course you wouldn't. Because we all know that if something is designed, it obviously had to have had a designer. Hopefully, nobody would disagree with that. This is common sense. So, if I could prove to you without a shadow of a doubt that the universe we live in was designed, you would have to admit that it had a designer. I don't see how anyone could disagree with that.
So is the universe designed? Yes, it is. How can I prove this? By using the Anthropic Principle. The Anthropic Principle is the mounting evidence that has many scientists believing that the universe is extremely fine-tuned (designed) to support human life here on Earth. Let's look at some of the Anthropic Constants.
Anthropic Constant 1: Oxygen level. The oxygen level on earth is at 25 percent. If it were altered in anyway, life on earth would be impossible. Anthropic Constant 2: Jupiter. If Jupiter was not in its current orbit, the earth would be bombarded with space material, and life on earth would be impossible. Anthropic Constant 3: Gravity. If the gravitational force were altered by .00000000000000000000000000000000001 percent, life on earth would be impossible. If these three constants aren't proof that the universe was designed, I don't know what is. But it just so happens that these three aren't the only constants in the Anthropic Principle. Actually, there are 122 of them. What are the chances that all of these constants could have occurred by chance, without design? Astrophysicist Hugh Ross has calculated that the probability is once in every 10 raised to the 138. That's the number 10 with 138 zeros behind it.
There is absolutely no way that anyone who has looked at all the facts could say that this universe was not designed. As we have already stated, anything that is designed must have had a designer. So based off of what we just saw, we can establish that the universe had to have had a designer. It's just plain common sense.

- Colton Scott

"Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God." - James Tour, Nanoscientist

No comments:

Post a Comment