Saturday, February 13, 2010

But What About Evolution ?


In my last post, I discussed how we could prove that God did exist. That brings up the question: What about evolution? Ever since high school, I have always been told that evolution is a fact. In today's society, people will look down on you, even call you names, just for not believing in evolution. Richard Dawkins, a biology professor at Oxford University said, "It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet someone who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid, or insane. (or wicked, but I'd rather not consider that.)" So is evolution true? Can evolution really explain everything in the universe? No it can't. As a matter of fact, I am going to discuss two topics that evolution will never be able to explain. (Even though it may claim that it can.)
1. The beginning of the universe: How did this universe begin? Evolution claims that around 14.7 billion years ago, a tiny ball of matter, that derived from literally nothing, exploded. Expansion then took over, and this caused everything that we see now. There are a lot of problems with this theory, including a lack of evidence, but I don't really have enough time to discuss all of them. So I am just going to discuss the main issue here; How does something come from nothing? I don't know a whole lot about science, other than what little I've read, but I just don't understand how, in a material world, something can just magically appear out of nothing. That just doesn't make sense to me. What makes even less sense, is the fact that so many people believe that it can. Some may say, "These scientists have doctorate degrees, shouldn't we believe them?". That is true, most of the them do. So does my math professor. But if he ever tells me that 2+2=5, I'm not gonna buy it. I don't care what kind of degree he has. The fact of the matter is that nothing can come from nothing. It just can't happen. Those who believe in evolution believe with all of the hearts that it can; and we're the ignorant ones?
2. The Law of Biogenesis: The law of biogenesis simply states that life only forms from previous life of its own kind. In other words, life cannot form from non-life. Evolution claims that it can. Evolution states that a long time ago there was a warm chemical soup on the planet. That soup was struck by lightening, and this caused the first building blocks of life. Even though there is no evidence to support this theory, most atheists will claim this is exactly how we were created. Many will say that they know it for a fact. That's funny. Let me explain why: Robert Hazen is one of the most credentialed scientist on the planet. He received his doctorate degree in earth science from Harvard University. He is a research scientist at the Carnegie Institution of Washington Geophysical Laboratory. He is also a member of ISSOL (International Society for the Study of the Origin of Life). Only 500 scientists in the world are members of ISSOL. He done a lecture series on how life formed here on this planet. You might find some of his comments pretty interesting. He starts off by saying, "This course is unusual, because at this point, there is so much that we don't know about life here on earth." He then says, "The origin of life is a subject of immense complexity, and I have to tell you right up front, we don't know how life began." "How can I tell you about the origin of life when are so woefully ignorant of that history?" Here is one of the smartest scientist on the planet, who has devoted over ten years of his life to nothing other than the origin of life on this planet, and he still has no idea how it got here. So yeah, it's pretty funny when some 20 year old kid (or a professor at Oxford University for that matter) tries to tell me that I'm stupid for not believing in evolution.
You may be saying, if all of this is true, than why does so many people believe in evolution? That's a great question. The answer is, because so many people don't really examine evolution carefully. They just believe everything that they hear, and sometimes what they hear, are nothing but lies and misinformation. In my next post, I am going to discuss all of the misinformation that Darwinists try and make you believe. I think you will find some of it to be pretty interesting.

- Colton Scott


"Nothing comes from nothing. Nothing ever could. And if you can't believe that nothing caused something, then you don't have enough faith to be an atheist." - Frank Turek

No comments:

Post a Comment